Everton had a glitch last night with the Everton TV broadcast of the Dundee United friendly.
Everton moved quickly to advise anyone who had made a purchase.
The statement read:
'Having made your purchase, please follow these guidelines to ensure you encounter no problems viewing tonight's match:
- Log-in at evertonfc.com/login, or click 'login' at the top of this page. Please log-in using the username (email address) and password used when you completed your purchase
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking here
- Once you are logged in, click on the link to the Match on the homepage of evertonfc.com, type the following url into your browser: 'evertonfc.com/watchlive' or click here
- From 19:30 onwards you will be able to see the pictures from Tannadice (KO is at 19:45)
- If the video player still reads Live Stream Off Air at this time, please reload the page
- If you encounter any issues at any stage of the process, please contact the support team at the following email address: email@example.com'
Service Provider Rippleffect said: 'Due to unprecedented traffic levels, there were some fans who experienced a disrupted service during last night's match.'
'Rippleffect apologises to the Club and more importantly those fans who did encounter these issues and we are working closely with Everton and our partners to ensure that this is not repeated and that all fans have a great online experience for the rest of the pre-season.'
'Alongside the Club we will work throughout the course of today to ensure that all complaints are dealt with promptly and appropriately.'
Did you encounter any problems last night?
Email Bluekipper at firstname.lastname@example.org